No bad days
No bad days Really?
If you are human, you are probably going to have a bad day once in a while because everything is cycles, we all have ups and downs. The thing is: when you are down, you don't want to linger there. For one thing it is not healthy to stay in that negative vibration, and for another thing, that's not a state of being where you are happy, creative and productive.
So, how do you raise your vibration?
Here are a few suggestions. Use the ones that suit you best:
- First, become aware that you are in a funk, and be willing to do something about it.
- Get up and move, walk around, dance. Physical exercise gets you out of your head and into your body, and gets endorphins flowing.
- Indulge in a minute of gratitude. When you take time to appreciate the good things in your life it’s easier to deal with challenges that come along. Think of a few things you can be grateful for right now, and smile.
- Find beauty in something in your surrounding. Beauty uplifts the soul and brings a smile to your face and to your heart.
- Stop for a 5 minutes meditation
- Mindfully drink a glass of pure water. Your body is made of about 70% water. Visualize the water going to all your cells to refill them, as if you were watering your garden. Research shows that as little as 1% dehydration negatively affects your mood, attention, memory and motor coordination. Dehydration reduces brain volume, therefore affecting brain cell function.
- Eat an organic fruit or a handful of raw nuts, and mindfully chew and chew and chew.
- Look out the window at some greenery, or have a pet plant on your desk. Research has shown that even just looking at a picture of a nature scene alleviates stress.
- Take a few slow deep belly breaths. The breath moves energy through the body, clears the mind and calms anxiety.
- Journal for 5 minutes.
- At the beginning of the day or week, choose a power word, and say it aloud or mentally any time you feel a bit down. Your positive word could be: energy, love, flow, joy ... You could also write it and post it on your computer.